SPRING & SUMMER 2017 HIRING
MANAGER - FRONT OF HOUSETerms of Employment
Permanent, full time
Currently accepting resumes for a Front of House Manager position. You will be joining an experienced team of individuals committed to the dining enjoyment of their guests and the continued success we have built and achieved for the last 20 years by this family-owned and operated restaurant. We are looking for someone who is hard working, outgoing, customer-service oriented and willing to learn and grow with our company. If you would like to become part of our exciting team, we would love to hear from you.What We Offer
- A fun and exciting work place that is fast paced and full of energy
- A wonderful location to work at surrounded by Lake Ontario and the Credit River in the heart of Port Credit
- A competitive salary with the opportunity for health care benefits, etc.
- One week annual paid vacation
- The opportunity to be creative and promote the restaurant through customer service, promotions and marketing
- To assist in the day to day operations of the business but not limited to the following:
- Displays a commitment to outstanding guest satisfaction, smiles and welcomes guests and offers assistance where required and handles guest complaints and service issues immediately
- To monitor staff on a regular basis and ensure labor costs are being met at all times to the best of your ability
- To adhere to and ensure all company policies and procedure are followed by all staff members on a regular basis
- To work with Ownership, management and all fellow employees to foster a harmonious work environment
- Promoting and ensuring that our work environment meets all health and safety requirements and reporting any accidents or incidents immediately
- Preparing and posting of weekly dining room schedules, the handling of holiday and vacation requests, etc.
- Ensuring an ongoing process in the hiring and training of potential staff members, discipline and terminations
- Creating and promoting staff incentive programs, staff training and the ongoing evaluation of company policies and procedures
- Other duties or tasks may be assigned on an as-needed basis
FRONT & BACK OF HOUSE POSITIONSFRONT OF HOUSE
Main Hosts - $11.40 to $12.40 per hour
- responsible for the complete organization and control of the dining room area and patio, the first impression our guests encounter when they arrive, ability to direct others and delegate duties and responsibilities, previous retail experience an asset
- seating of guests, assisting in cleaning and resetting of tables, greeting of guests, general cleaning duties and responsibilities as assigned to your job description * great training for potential main host position
- previous experience a must * ability to create a positive guest experience while adhering to all policies and procedures of the restaurant * extremely knowledgeable about all food and beverage items in the restaurant and ability to make recommendations * respond promptly and in a courteous manner at all times * general duties and responsibilities as assigned to your job description
- organization of all food items before they are delivered to tables, ensuring all menu items meet our standards before being brought to table * must be extremely knowledgeable about food, good organization skills, ability to delegate duties and responsibilities * assist servers in bringing menu items to tables, handling of food items to guests, general cleaning duties and responsibilities as assigned to your job description, condiment and food preparation
Appetizer Cooks - $12.00 to $13.00 per hour plus tip pool
- experience an asset but will train individuals with an interest and passion for cooking * must be organized and reliable, ability to operate a clean and efficient work station in a high volume environment, various food preparation * ability to cook on flat top, grill, deep fryer stations, etc * responsible mainly for appetizers, salads & soups and sandwiches
- experience an asset but will train individuals with an interest and passion for cooking * knowledge of kitchen environment required, will train to operate an efficient work station, various food preparation * responsible for all main entreés including pasta section, grill house items, fish & seafood selections * ability to cook on flat top, charbroiler, deep fryer
- responsible for cleaning of all dishes, pots, utensils, must maintain a clean working environment, assisting in general cleaning inside and outside of premises, some food preparation when required and follows the direction of management
- accepting and storage of inventory, various food preparation and portioning, knife skills an asset, general cleaning duties, etc.
- provide support to servers in the cleaning and resetting of tables in dining room and patio * ensuring a clean working environment for guest satisfaction and the successful operation of the restaurant * communication with servers and hosts for seating availability and guest requests * general cleaning duties and responsibilities as assigned to your job description * replenishing of condiments, glassware, water, etc.
- preparation of all menu items associated with the oyster bar including mussels, oysters, shrimp * the learning and teaching of how to shuck oysters, cook with steamers * assist bar staff in putting away of glassware, stocking, etc * replenishing of condiments, plate ware, etc. general cleaning duties and responsibilities as assigned to your job description
Family-owned and operated is what makes working for us special! From owners to management, we work with you as a team to provide a pleasurable and memorable experience to our guests. We have created a work environment that is safe, educational, fair and fun that will provide you with the opportunity to gain knowledge and experience that will last you a lifetime.
We are looking for people with personality and as enthusiastic about their work as we are with providing them the training and skills necessary to accomplish this. If you are hard working, outgoing and selfmotivated we look forward to hearing from you.